Protein Sweet Potato Bread
The sweetness of the potatoes matched with the savory flavor of the rosemary, makes this a hearty and healthy snack or compliment to any meal.
- 135 grams cooked sweet potato (boiled or baked)
- 300 grams liquid egg whites (or 4 whole eggs)
- 90 grams unflavored rice protein isolate (or substitute micellar casein)
- 75 grams oat flour (gluten-free or substitute quinoa flour)
- 15 grams psyllium husks
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 350
Line the loaf tin with non-stick silicone paper or grease and dust with a little oat flour. Set aside.
Place all the ingredients, except the rosemary, into the bowl of a food processor. Process until the dough is smooth. Alternatively, you can puree the sweet potato and combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a mixer and mix on a low to medium speed until the dough is smooth and light.
Stir in the rosemary until well-distributed in the dough. Transfer the dough to the prepared tin, and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes until cooked through. Do not over bake the loaf. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin.
Turn out and slice to serve. Keeps well for several days if stored wrapped in foil, in a freezer bag, in the refrigerator.