Penne With Chicken and Asparagus
Here are just a few reasons why you may want to start adding asparagus to your weekly nutrition:
- Good Source of Vitamin K.
- Contains Anti-inflammatory and Antioxidant Properties.
- Serves as a Natural Diuretic.
- Nourishes the Digestive Tract.
- Good Source of Fiber.
- High in Vitamin B1 Thiamine.
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried penne pasta
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into cubes
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- Warm 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in chicken, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until chicken is cooked through and browned, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken to paper towels.
- Pour chicken broth into the skillet. Then stir in asparagus, garlic, and a pinch more garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cover, and steam until the asparagus is just tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet, and warm through.
- Stir chicken mixture into pasta, and mix well. Let sit about 5 minutes. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, stir again, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes (optional)