Fabulous Fall Pumpkin Hummus
What could be more inviting than the savory/sweet flavor of Pumpkin Pie? Here we bring you a lower calorie version of this seasonal favorite, that is packed with protein, fiber, and vitamins and is sure to please any crowd.
- 15 oz can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- sliced apples or pears
- graham crackers
- Combine first four ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times to break down the chickpeas.
- Add in the cashew butter and the pumpkin puree. Blend until you achieve the desired consistency. It should have a hummus like texture.
- Serve with fresh fruit and/or graham crackers.